An employee contract is an agreement between an employer and the employee. The employee contract basically states out the terms and conditions of the employment relationship.
Like every contract, there must be:
- an offer – the employer offers the employments stating the terms of such employment;
- an acceptance – the employee accepts the employment and the terms of the employment;
- the performance of a service – the employee performs the service;
- in exchange for a consideration – the compensation to be paid by the employer; and
- both parties must voluntarily agree on all the above.